Bridal media habits and trends revealed at launch of TheKnot.com.au
According to TheKnot.com.au publisher Marina Go, this proves that launching the highly interactive and intuitive site is perfectly timed for the Australian market. “We have built a best-in-class, innovative one-stop destination for brides to use as both a research and planning tool as well as a community forum. “To advertisers it means a unique new marketing opportunity from the virtually untapped - and increasingly relevant - online bridal landscape,” Go said.
Nine foundation clients, including Waterford Wedgewood, Stamford Hotels and Park Hyatt are evidence of the new marketing opportunity the site represents for advertisers. The site will be published under licence from the world’s No. 1 wedding destination and will launch with 31,000 Australian unique browsers – Australians who already visit TheKnot.com. In its home market in the US, TheKnot.com records an average of 3.4 million UBs every month.
Other key insights from the research include:
• 72% of respondents said they would find gift registry choices online a convenient service compared to 28% who prefer to go into retail stores
• The top three things brides will not cut cost on are: the ceremony venue (63%);reception venue (59%); and the photography (59%)
• 45% will ask guests to give cash gifts at their wedding
• 35% of couples are paying for the entire event themselves
• Brides are most stressed about the wedding budget and least stressed about prenuptial agreements
• 67% will head overseas for their honeymoon compared to 13% who will go interstate.
Edited by former Westfield’s whatswhat.com.au editor Alicia Richardson, the Australian site will draw on the extensive resources of the US editorial, as well as providing extensive localised content, promotions and advertising. “Our goal is to launch five key online lifestyle brands. PRIMPED.com.au has beauty covered and we are confident TheKnot.com.au will become the market leader in the bridal category,” said general manager of Independent Digital Media James Hannan.
“With the Australian wedding market worth $5 billion, 110,000 weddings a year and the average price of an Australian wedding at $49,000, TheKnot.com.au not only has broad appeal, but will cater to a relatively recession-proof market.”
The site will launch with consumer stunts in Sydney and Melbourne from Monday October 19, as well as an SEO/SEM marketing campaign and a consumer promotion to win a total bridal package made up of a designer dress, rings, fragrances and a Waterford Wedgewood registry valued at more than $25 000. A business directory promotion has been running on the landing page since Independent Digital Media first announced the site to trade in August.
* Online survey conducted in September 2009 by Key Research among 894 respondents
For further information, please contact:
Kristy Gordon, Access Public Relations. T: 02 9279 4844. E: email@example.com
Andrea Kerekes, Access Public Relations. T: 02 9279 4011. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PRIMPED Appoints Hayley Bennett Editor
Independent Digital Media (IDM) is excited to announce that Hayley Bennett, current Beauty Writer, has been appointed as PRIMPED's Editor.
- Independent Digital Media's two flagship female lifestyle websites, TheKnot.com.au and PRIMPED.com.au deliver strong growth following the ninemsn partnership.
Building on the worldwide success of The Knot brand in the wedding space, IDM's website takes the number one position in Australia.
- INDEPENDENT DIGITAL MEDIA TO INCREASE REACH WITH NINEMSN
Independent Digital Media has announced a significant step forward for its high-‐quality women’s lifestyle portfolio of websites.
- PRIMPED Appoints Yasemin Turker as New York Editor
Independent Digital Media (IDM) is excited to announce that Yasemin Turker, current Editor of premium beauty website PRIMPED.com.au, has been appointed as PRIMPED’s New York Editor.
- IDM launches 2nd issue of Younger You Magazine
Independent Digital Media (IDM) today launches the second issue of Younger You magazine. Featuring Jennifer Aniston on the cover, the magazine is an extension of anti-ageing website YoungerYou.com.au, and features 148 pages of the latest self-enhancement news, advice, products and procedures.
- Aussies Spill the Beans about their Cosmetic Surgery
Cosmetic surgery is no longer a taboo subject, with 44% of Aussies who have had a surgical procedure spilling the beans to their friends (at least seven people or more), according to new research by anti-ageing website and magazine YoungerYou.com.au.
- Independent Digital Media Launches 2nd issue of The Knot Magazine
Independent Digital Media (IDM) launches the second issue of The Knot magazine, an extension of its popular wedding website www.TheKnot.com.au, on newsstands from 27th April 2011.
- Aussie Brides Catch Royal Wedding Fever
Aussie brides are gripped by Royal Wedding fever, with 90% of Aussie brides admitting they will probably watch the ceremony this Friday on television, according to new research by The Knot magazine and wedding website TheKnot.com.au.
- Independent Digital Media goes from strength to strength
IDM reports strong traffic increase across its women’s lifestyle portfolio.
- Independent Digital Media Launches The Knot Magazine
Independent Digital Media (IDM) will launch The Knot magazine, an extension of its popular wedding website TheKnot.com.au, on newsstands from Wednesday 27th October.
- The Knot Launches Wedding Directory iPhone App
The Knot iPhone App allows brides to find suppliers whilst on the move, with detailed listings for wedding gown designers, photographers, reception venues, florists, jewellers, cake suppliers and more.
- Independent Digital Media Launches Magazine Extension of Anti-Ageing Website YoungerYou.com.au
The first issue of Younger You magazine, a new anti-ageing title is set to launch on the 29th September 2010, published by Independent Digital Media (IDM).
- Independent Digital Media extends its women’s lifestyle offering
Independent Digital Media (IDM) has announced the launch of Younger You magazine for September and The Knot magazine for October this year. The magazines are extensions of IDM’s popular wedding website TheKnot.com.au and anti-ageing website YoungerYou.com.au, and will be distributed nationally.
- Homehound launches Home Style today
Homehound, one of Australia's largest real estate portals is excited to announce the launch of Home Style - an inspiring, interactive gallery providing consumers with creative ideas for their homes. Users will be able to explore online Home Style galleries that feature more than 10,000+ photographs of some of Australia's most visually appealing spaces to find the best design trends, inspiration for key rooms as well as the latest materials and concepts.
- The Knot Shop launches today
Today, the world’s number one wedding website The Knot will launch The Knot Shop Australia – a secure online shopping service providing the best range of to-be-wed clothing and accessories.
- Independent Digital Media appoints Erica Wildey, Group Sales Manager IDM
Erica Wildey, former Senior Account Manager of Sensis MediaSmart, has been appointed as the new Group Sales Manager of Independent Digital Media (IDM), the digital media business within Michael Hannan’s Independent Print Media Group (IPMG).
- PRIMPED editors take out both online awards at the 2010 Jasmine Awards
Newly appointed Editor of PRIMPED.com.au, Yasemin Turker and Editor-at-large Zoë Foster have both been acknowledged at the highly regarded Jasmine Awards held in Sydney yesterday.
- Independent Digital Media appoints Yasemin Turker as Editor
Beauty Editor, Yasemin Turker has been appointed the new Editor of PRIMPED.com.au, the beauty website of Independent Digital Media’s (IDM) premium women’s lifestyle network. IDM is the digital media business within Michael Hannan’s IPMG.
- YoungerYou.com.au - Australia's Premier Anti-Ageing Web Site Goes Live
Australia’s premier independent anti-ageing beauty site, www.youngeryou.com.au has gone live and will celebrate the launch with an intimate event today. Created by Independent Digital Media (IDM) the new site is the next step in the creation of its high-quality women’s lifestyle portfolio of websites with Younger You a market first.
- Independent Digital Media to launch anti-ageing site YoungerYou.com.au
Independent Digital Media (IDM) has announced its next step in the creation of its high-quality
women’s lifestyle portfolio of websites with a market first, one-stop independent anti-ageing
beauty site, www.youngeryou.com.au, set to launch in April, 2010.
- Independent Digital Media appoints Georgia Falcke as Victorian account manager
Georgia Falcke, Principal Consultant at My Media Garden and former Agency manager at Time Inc, has been appointed as the Victorian account manager of Independent Digital Media (IDM), the digital media business within Independent Print Media Group (IPMG).
- Rules of Engagement – try December on for size
Research* conducted by the world’s most popular wedding website, TheKnot.com.au -confirms summer is the most popular season for proposals in Australia with December being the month to get engaged.
- Australia ties The Knot with the world's No 1 wedding website
Australian brides-to-be - your dreams are about to be realised. No, it’s not a groom with a winning smile, sensitive side and a great job . . .it’s much more important than that. The Knot has landed in Australia.
- Bridal media habits and trends revealed at launch of TheKnot.com.au
On the eve of its launch, Independent Digital Media’s new wedding site TheKnot.com.au has revealed research* showing that just over half of Australian brides (51%) access the internet at least once a day to research or plan their upcoming nuptials.
- Independent Digital Media to Launch Wedding Site TheKnot.com.au
Independent Digital Media (IDM) has announced a significant step in the creation of its high-quality women’s lifestyle portfolio of websites with an innovative, one-stop wedding site, TheKnot.com.au, set to launch in October 2009.
- Two former “queens of print” put a new face on the digital arena
“I’ve been here for about five months. It’s a very short period of time,” Marina Go (below) told Mediaweek. With a background in print, Go has spent the best part of the last two decades in women’s magazines.
- Jeremy Crooks appointed General Manager of Response Directive
Jeremy Crooks has been appointed as the new General Manager of online advertising representation business Response Directive.
- Homehound Continues to Deliver
Homehound recently launched a host of NEW features, making the property search experience more enjoyable, with the best range of options.
- Independent Digital Media appoints Kathy Hamill, National Sales Director
Kathy Hamill, a partner with autochic.com.au and former Publisher of B&T, has been appointed as the new National Sales Director of Independent Digital Media, the digital media business within IPMG.
- PRIMPED users: Not buying into this whole 'recession' thing
- In a user survey* completed in February 2009, PRIMPED users admitted to purchasing more than 50 new beauty products every 12 months, researching 90% of them online first.
- PRIMPED has had a makeover! (Applause)
- PRIMPED.com.au has had a design overhaul revealing a fresher, faster, sexier homepage.
- PRIMPED.com.au gives the online beauty market a makeover
PRIMPED.com.au launched on August 18 as Australia's first entirely online Web 2.0 destination dedicated to beauty and with original content, giving online beauty in Australia a complete overhaul.
- Independent Digital Media appoints Seth Yates, Chief Technology Officer
Seth Yates, former CTO of Fairfax Digital, has been appointed as the new CTO of Independent Digital Media, the digital media business within IPMG.
- Independent Digital Media announces the acquisition of Response Directive
- IDM today announces the acquisition of Response Directive.
- IDM Hires Top Beauty Talent
Independent Digital Media's Web Publishing division has announced three key new appointments as it ramps up for its upcoming digital launch in the beauty space.
- New CEO for IDM
IPMG Appoints David Burkett, Chief Executive Officer - Independent Digital Media
- Homehound jumps ahead
Homehound.com.au is now Australia's 3rd largest property website.